Monday, May 19, 2008

The Fun Just Keeps Coming

Mom was worried that I wouldn't like to be held after my stay at the hospital, but as you can tell I dont' mind at all. This is me and big sis taking a nap.
This past week I became a big cousin, Gage Allen Ratliff was born Tuesday May 13th 4 lb. 10 oz. and 17.5 inches. I guess he thought he was missing the party, since he was seven weeks early. Last thursday I think I was twice his size I weighed in at 8 lb. 15oz. and Gage was 4 lb. 5 oz. Since he was so early he will have to stay at the hospital for a couple of more weeks. And I know from experience that is no fun for him or his Mom and Dad. I know his big sis Maddie can't wait for him to get home. I can't wait until were both a little older, so we can play together.
Then there is my big brother Kaden, my first week home he decided to get strep throat and the doctors thought he had a bug in his ear. Thankfully Mom told him it was dirt. After three different doctor visits and nearly three hours of water picking, Dr. Rybak decided it would be best to knock him out. This meant another trip to the OR for Mom and Dad, and this is a picture of the "foreign object" that was removed. I don't think it was a bug or dirt, but some kind of seed from playing in the woods. Well I will try to update a little more often, but Mom and Dad are staying very busy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is going well. I know you have kept your parents busy and it sounds like Kaden has too. There was a big prayer for you at church this weekend - you wouldn't believe the people asking about you and how amazed they are of your progress (of course we are too!!) Keep doing well and hopefully you and Gage can cause more headaches as you get older (I'm sure your parents appreciate that).

Take care and love ya bunches

Love
Kim and Kyle

P.S. We are planning a visit sometime this summer so hopefully we all can get together.

Anonymous said...

Hey Madox, glad to get an update and new pics! Cute to see you and big sis catching some zzz's together. And your new little cousin is adorable too, we're praying he gets to come home real soon.. We know you are getting tired of all these doctor visits but you hang tough, ok! We enjoyed getting to play with Kaden Saturday night while Grandma and Grandpa Patridge we're busy, funny though; they allowed as how we weren't the best babysitters since we let him play with rocket launchers! ;) Go figure.. Please give Mommy and Daddy our love and tell them we are still keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Mike & Karen

Anonymous said...

Dear Madox,
Thanks for the updates, so sorry Kaden had to have trouble, maybe he just wanted more attention since you were getting so much!!! Karen and Mike were just here and she told me about his troubles.
Love and prayers
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Hey madox and Crew,

Hang in there!! Grandpa and I will be up on Sunday afternoon for more fun. Never a dull moment at that house. Let me know if Dad says I can bring some food. Papa says we have smoked loin--sounds good to me. Kaden keep helping Mom give Madox a bath and remember you're in charge of diapers. Cydne, I'm sure you're helping with Kaden and Madox, also. We love you all very much!!!

Love,

Grandma and Grandpa Patridge

P.S. Gage is in our prayers also and hope he will be home soon. I'm sure big sis is ready to help.

Anonymous said...

Hello from the Manion's...Glad things are going well. Miss seeing you at softball this year. Get lots of rest and we hope to see you all soon. Madox is beautiful and is definitely got some spunk! We will con't to keep the Ratliff family ion our prayers. Love, Chris, Stacy and girls

Anonymous said...

Madox,

Just wanted to let you and everyone else know that your cousin, Gage, finally made it home Tuesday. After a two week stay at the MMC - Special Care Nursery he has surpassed the 5 lb plateau and is currently doing quite well.

I hope all is going well for you and your family, and maybe now that summer has officially started things will calm down a little for all of us. Not sure when, but one day, you and Gage can get together and have a good chuckle over all of this.

Uncle Ken

Anonymous said...

Happy 2 month Birthday!

You looked like one happy and healthy boy yesterday at church!

Prayin' for you and your parents as you go to St. Louis this Wednesday for appts. Hope all goes well!

Blessings! Sarah Gennicks

Christina said...

Hi, I happened on your blog and wanted to post a note because my son was born with Transposition too. He was born on April 18, 2007 so he and Madox are almost exactly a year apart. My Jacob is doing really good and I hope Madox is doing well too.

Best Wishes,
Christina
www.jacobsheart.blogspot.com